We are two individuals, sister-in-laws, and friends who are striving to thrive and be our personal best as well as making our surroundings a better place to live! Connected by faith, family, friendship, photos, and writing, we just want to share our journey with you!

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

"Babycakes"

I was given two wonderful new vegan cook/bake books for Christmas. This one was given to me by my amazing mother (Jayanna gave me the other, but I won't review it until I have more time to try the recipes).

Babycakes by Erin McKenna

I love to bake, so this was the perfect gift. I've already made the Raspberry Scones and the Pumpkin-Spice Muffins (past posts) and they have turned out amazing. To be honest, this is the perfect vegan bake book. It uses lots of specific ingredients to amp up the flavour and to keep the items healthier while being all vegan, mostly gluten-free and mostly sugar-free.


This books has great recipes from simple muffins and cupcakes to cakes and fun things like "apple-cinnamon toasties". Almost every recipe in this I would LOVE to make and gives me so much inspiration. I also love how specific the recipes are. They give a great introduction in the book about how hard they worked on each recipe to make it just perfect (which is why they explain to try to stick to the recipe ingredients and directions as much as possible, but some substitutions may work). In the directions of each recipe they often will say... "bake for 10 minutes and then rotate 180 degrees in the oven and continue to bake for 12 minutes" (which I really appreciate). They will always explain how to store the baking as well (something so useful as I'm obviously not going to eat them right away). They will explain if they should be covered/airtight, room temp/stored in fridge and how long they will keep for!

Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment