We are two individuals, sister-in-laws, and friends who are striving to thrive and be our personal best as well as making our surroundings a better place to live! Connected by faith, family, friendship, photos, and writing, we just want to share our journey with you!

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

"Trust is Not Enough"

I thought I would update you on one of the books I just finished. I got this for Christmas a few years ago, but it always takes me time to get through all the new books I get. I just finished this book a few days ago.

Trust is Not Enough: Bringing Human Rights to Medicine (by David J. Rothman & Sheila M. Rothman)

It is a collection of essays originally published elsewhere. Some of the topics covered include trafficking organs, prisons in India, medical research, informed consent, rights to equity and fairness in health care and the medical resident.

It's a really well written and interesting read. It's obviously not an 'easy', 'fun' or 'recreational' read, but you will learn a lot and educate yourself more about the world.

One way or another, you will be thankful that you live in the country that you live in and have then benefits that come with that (even it it's not perfect).

Happy reading!


1 comment: